Friday, September 12, 2008

Being Human

I (Tony) am sitting here working on preparing a message to give to the congregation at New Manna church in Okahandja, Namibia. Some of you may be thinking, "I thought he went to do construction?" and you are asking the same question I asked myself.

God has revealed to me that my idea of construction is quite different from His definition. I often tell people if you want to make God laugh tell Him your plans. God is showing me that there is more important things than constructing buildings. He is showing me that building people is more important.

Since I have been here I have worked on only one physical building but since I have been here I have worked in more peoples lives than I can count. God has used me to: speak healing, speak words of encouragment, be a shoulder to cry on, teach, correct, just listen, manage, and more and I am awed that He is using me. I never believed that I was a people person but to hear the hearts of the people before and after ministering to them is revealing to me that God can do all things, even through me.

I am nervous and a little afraid to share in front of people but that is why God will get all the glory and it will be wonderful, because I am not able to do it but He is able to do it through me.

I am learning what trusting in the Lord really means. It was not so easy to do so at home because I had so much and thought that I really was in control. Now I see that I probably missed many opportunities to really serve God because I got in the way.

We are His children and if we get ourselves out of the way He can use us to make a difference in our families, friends, coworkers, neighbors, communities, and the world. Please pray with me that we will get out of the way and allow God, our Father, to mold us and use us for His glory.

No comments: