Friday, October 16, 2009

News and Notes











I can't believe that it's been over a month since our last blog. My, my things get so busy around here, I've lost track of time! Busy doing what? You might be asking. Well, let me give the brief version.








The middle of September we took our youth drama team with us for a youth outreach in the town of Gobabis. We were so proud of our team. They not only sang, danced and performed dramas, but they mingled with the young people, helped set up and tear down equipment and kept a servant's attitude the entire time. Several of them shared some of their own story with the group which brought tears to my eyes. The Lord reminded me that HE is busy doing His work in the lives of these young people, even when I don't hear about it or see it with my eyes. Just sometimes He lets us hear and see and I can't tell you the joy that filled my heart. Thank you Lord. You are good!








Next event was another Choose to Wait training. We started on a Saturday, continued Sunday evening and all day on Monday and Tuesday. Whew! Most of the attendees were either Christ's Hope staff or volunteers in our children's homes. It's always encouraging for me to hear the comments after these trainings. This one from one of the Children's home Auntie: "I wish I would have heard this message years ago... before I made some very poor choices. I want to teach my own children this message."








We were busy the last few weeks completing the curriculum for clubs and classes and having the usual end of the year parties. School year ends in November here, by the way. Then, we ended with a "Parent's Night." We invited parents, teachers, school staff, and the students to come together and celebrate the completion of the Choose to Wait course. We showed pictures, shared testimonies, let the drama team perform, and challenged the students to sign the purity pledge if they were prepared to make that commitment. Some signed privately, but I think about 12 made the commitment and signed. We prayed a special blessing on them and enjoyed a time of fellowship and refreshments together. Two school's principals attended and expressed their appreciation for the work we are doing and wanted more information. More awareness and more exposure - that's what we like to see!








Now we are saying goodbye as we travel home. It's always difficult to say goodbye even when you know that you are returning. Three months away from those whom you are teaching and mentoring is a long time. Please pray for them as they need help to be strong in their commitment and decisions to live a life that pleases God.

No comments: