Friday, March 5, 2010

YWAM students filled my cup!











While the week of teaching is still fresh in my mind and heart, I wanted to take a few minutes to post a brief report. Like last year, I was energized and filled up each day as the students soaked in the teaching of Choose to Wait. Most of them have heard some sort of teaching about Love and Sex, but ALL of them commented that THIS was different. It was my joy to present to them God's design for love, marriage and sex. We had some lively discussions, fun role-plays and dramas, and a few somber moments where I could sense the Holy Spirit was gently healing past wounds. Some had father wounds, others mother wounds, still others - relationship wounds. Their enthusiasm and interaction made it a pleasure for me. Several of these students are fresh out of High School and yet are so eager to strengthen their relationship with God and build their faith by submitting to the DTS (Discipleship Training School) training. It was inspiring to be with them, not just for the class time, but for tea time, meals and one-on-one visits. This week I met some GREAT young people (from Namibia, USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and England) and count it a privilege to have participated in their overall training. I have a deep respect for the staff of YWAM and the work they are doing with young people. The Spirit of the Lord was definitely at work in the hearts and minds of each one. One again, He proved His faithfulness. Thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can see the love on your face for all of these people and for God!
I can imagine that it was a great week of work and that you cup got refilled!
Hallelujah... Take every day a zip out of that cup and your day will be full of glory and joy.
big hug