Thursday, December 16, 2010

Meet the Students


We are putting a little bio together for each of the students in the Youth Discipleship and Mentoring Program. Here is the first one. This young man has shown exceptional effort and determination to succeed in spite of physical disabilities and harsh family circumstances. Several years ago he was in a severe car accident and spent months in rehabilitation, lost several fingers in his left hand and walks with a limp. But, we are impressed with his heart to serve.

Meet Ulrich.
Ulrich speaks Damara Nama, English, and Afrikaans.
He was born in the city of Gobabis in the eastern region of Namibia.
There are 5 children in His family from ages seven to twenty-five years old.
He lives with his mother and siblings. Ulrich has completed grade 12 with good marks, and has held several jobs locally during the past few years.
His goals in his own words, “I would love to be able to support my family and go to university and one day become a successful business man. Just be a better me.
His hobbies: I enjoy drawing pictures, writing poetry and songs, writing short stories, and swimming, working crosswords and reading.

When asked what he has learned in the first 5 weeks of the YDM program, he gave this answer: “I have learned to put faith in what I yet haven’t seen. I learned to be patient and how to thank the Lord for everything he is doing in my life but most importantly I started having more and more confidence in myself. simply put – I learned to live again.”

No comments: