Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Youth Camp

You all have seen the pictures that Catherine posted about the youth camp. In the second picture there are four boys. These are the four boys that were in my small group. I have to say that this camp strengthened my relationship with God.

These four guys were hungry and had many questions about God and the Bible. I was challenged to find answers to their questions and spent a lot of time in my Bible finding the answers they needed. Each one asked good questions and were happy to have someone who took the time to give them honest answers.

The camp leader taught on Romans chapters seven and eight. During each session the kids were taking notes and paying close attention. During our small group discussions we asked and answered questions about what was taught during each session. I was impressed with the questions and the discussions we had.

God worked in many of the kids lives that attended the camp. In reading their comment cards at the end of the camp we saw how many of them had a deeper understanding of the Bible and of God. Several said the camp helped get their lives back on track with God.

I have taken one of the boys, Simon, under my wing and have begun working with him. He works in our yard each week and I am teaching him how to use power tools. We are building some bookcases for our house and he is excited because he is learning how to work with wood. He is a quick learner and I am excited to be able to work with him. Simon has asked me to teach him how to drive. I have flashbacks to teaching a couple of our kids how to drive and am a little apprehensive. We will see if I will actually teach him to drive.

I am thankful that God allowed me to speak into the lives of the four boys at the camp. I pray that what they were taught and what we talked about will help them grow closer to God. Pray that I will have more opportunities to work with these boys in the future.

No comments: