Monday, February 23, 2009

Highs and Lows



The pictures above are of one of the construction projects we have begun. We are digging a trench in preparation of building a security wall. The work is not easy because there are a lot of rocks but the work is a little easier because we have been getting a lot of rain which is softening the gound.
I cannot believe that February is almost over. At times it feels like we just got here and at other times it feels as if we have been here several years.
I am sitting here typing this blog and I have a heavy heart. My day had started out really good and was going just fine and then. Let me backup a little and give you some history. Everyday our office starts out our day with prayer. We pray for each other, for special needs and for the ministry. Today we were praying for all the children and the workers in the children's homes we have.
After prayer I went into the office to make some phone calls and to catch up on my emails. The morning was wonderful. I got caught up on all my emails and made all the phone calls that needed to be made so I was feeling really good. I then went to lunch and was looking forward to the afternoon because I was going to get to do some construction. No phones, no computers and no meetings.
Well half way through the construction project (building shelves) I was interupted and was told about an employee issue. I have eight guys working for me on two other construction projects. Well three of the guys that are working for me stole some stuff from us. They got caught and I now have to work out what I am going to do.
My heart is heavy because these are good guys and they work hard. I can not imagine what was going through their minds. I sent them home and told them to think and pray about what they did and that I would talk to them tomorrow. What will I do keeps running through my head and then I think ...what does God want me to do. This is the part of ministry that is not fun.
Life here is not easy but it does not make it right for people to steal from each other. I am learning more and more that it will be the love of Jesus that makes a change here. In fact it is His love that makes a difference everywhere in the world. The results of not loving as Jesus has loved us are everywhere and affect everyone.
I cannot make a person change but I am praying that my example and my testimony will make a difference in these men's lives. I know that God is at work, I just need to make sure I am working where He wants me to work.
On a different note we are rejoicing and thanking God because our work permits have finally come through. We knew that it was all in God's hands and we were trusting and praying that we would get approved. We now have two year work permits thanks to the Namibian government. This has removed the fear that we would have to return home. Now we can focus on the work He has for us.
Please pray with us for the men and what the Lord would have me do and give God praise for our work permits.

1 comment:

Life in the journey said...

Catherine, thank you for all your sharing. We will be praying for wisdom for you guys. You are at the right place when you expect for God to intervene, He will!
Hope things work out in a way that bring Him the most glory.
Love, Maribel