Sunday, July 13, 2008

Training Motivated Teachers



It's always a pleasure to teach someone who is eager to LEARN. The attendees at the recent training I conducted in Oshakati have experience with real students in real classroom and group environments. More than half of the 40 trained were certified teachers, and the rest were very experienced with students as volunteer helpers, club workers, and Church staff. What a sense of satisfaction it was for me to unwrap the "Choose to Wait" package layer by and layer and watch the light go on in their eyes. Several times throughout the training, I observed them nudging each other and nodding in agreement.


These are comments I heard over and over:

We've needed this for so long.

I can't wait to tell my principal about this.

Every teacher needs to be trained in "Choose to Wait."

When are you having another training?


I'll be teaching another group this Saturday. These are students that have the potential to be leaders for their generation. They are Christians and have attended parts of the "Choose to Wait" teaching in the past. We're going through the material with them in a more deliberate and systematic way, and encouraging them to be cycle-breakers in their generation. Sharp, creative, talented young people who loves Jesus. I wish you could hear them worship! I appreciate your prayers.

No comments: