Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy or Sad

It is Tuesday and today is a happy and a sad day. Today Julie left us to go back to the States and it we already miss her. Julie was such a blessing to us and we thank God, her and her parents for the time and selfless hours she gave to the Cafe and the students. We are happy that she was here with us for three months. We are happy that she was such a blessing. We are happy that the students loved her. I am happy because I beat her at cards (YEAH). We are sad because the three months went by to fast. We are sad because she became a part of the family and now she had to leave. We are sad because we do not know when we will meet again.

We are also happy because the students have completed their ten weeks of training. We started with ten and we only lost one student. On May 6th we had a celebration to reward them for their hard work. They did a great job. We are happy because every one of them has fulltime employment. Praise The Lord! God is so good. We are happy because we had an amazing braii (barbaque) and had some great food. We are sad because the training is done and now the students are not students anymore and we do not get to be together everyday.

The cafe was empty today without Julie or the students but God was still at work. I was very happy to meet a gentleman from South Africa who is visiting friends. We got to talking and he said I can tell you are a Christian. Now that is the greatest compliment I have ever gotten. He asked me to pray for his grandson who is in drug rehab. The man's heart was so broken for his grandson. I have had the privelge to pray for this young man all day long.


So today was a happy and a sad day but the happiness swallowed up the sadness and we had a great day. I do love when I get to be used by God. The funny thing is that He wants to use us everyday but we are often to busy to even hear Him. May God bless you and may your happiness swallow your sadness.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is a wonderful development. I wish I was in Okahandja to add my quota to the Work being done.

The Lord will reward you, Tony and Catherine, for investing for His glory.

I love you all. God bless you.

Unknown said...

Glory to God for all He has done!

Unknown said...

Well written ... you touched my heart.